Sign up for my maintenance plus plan
There are a lot of moving parts to a website
You have the WordPress version itself, the theme that the site is built on, user comments, and numerous plugins that make your website run like a well oiled machine.
Speaking of an oiled machine, it’s safe to look at your site like you would a car. If you bought a car and never changed the oil, never added steering fluid, never took it to a mechanic when the check engine light turned on, and any other mechanic-y things you can think of, you can bet that in 5 years time that car isn’t going to run.
If we equate that to a website, not only would your site not run but it would be hacked by anyone smart enough to take advantage of this lack of security.
Outdated core files are the #1 way that hackers can get into the backend of your website.
Getting hacked sucks, trust me.
I’ve gotten hacked myself, before I changed hosting companies years ago, (F*** you, GoDaddy), and before I truly realized the importance of keeping your website consistently updated. I also can’t count the amount of times that I’ve helped clients with a hacked site. What could have been such a simple avoidance turned into a nightmare of lost customers, starting from scratch, and wasted money on their end.
What can you do to avoid being hacked??
So, so, so simple. You have 2 options, you can either bite the bullet and be reallllllyyyyyy diligent about keeping your site maintained yourself, or hire someone – like me – to do it for you. I offer maintenance plans because I know that as a small to mid-sized business owner, you should be focusing on your business, not the tedious things that keep your site up and running.
maintenance+ Plans are $125/month and include:
- Twice monthly (or weekly for a robust site) updates to all core files; WP, theme, plugins, and comment moderation.
- I also run a few site speed tests every once in a while to make sure there isn’t any bloated code or superfluous CSS/JS that might be making your site underperform.
- I will install something on your site that will send me auto alerts if anything acts strangely on your site. Be gone, evil would-be hackers!
- 2 Hours of design changes/mo. That in itself is a worth $200+.
- Setup and maintenance of monthly full website backups of your site, saved to my cloud.
- Dealing with your hosting company to fix a hack, should a resilient and particularly skilled hacker get in.
I don't want to get hacked (And I love the idea of 2 free design changes)
Sign me up for the Maintenance+ plan!